Monday, November 17, 2008

My very most

My very most absolutely favorite ever thing to do these days is to sit on the couch in the living room... in the evening... with the Christmas lights a twinkling... and Christmas music lightly playing in the background... reading a perfectly romantic Christmas love story. Ah, dream come true. The only thing I'm missing is a cute little fireplace to warm my toes. I mean, seriously, it's like 50 degrees here. Burrrrr. ($399 Costco.com)Which has bought me to my next conclusion...

The living room upstairs absolutely CANNOT be the TV room. I have had it with TV. I have become quite disillusioned as of late. Even 'The Office' makes me want to puke after having wasted a whole 1/2 hour on it (I don't know what's gotten into me). I just feel it doesn't compare to the ambiance and magic of being lost in a book where the world is pretty much what you create (aside from the basic story). All the little details are to your minute specifications - however your mind wants to see them. It's a wonderful little escape from this MISERABLE MISERABLE world (that's from a Joseph Smith quote that I can't stop repeating. I think that makes me cool that it's pretty much MY OWN inside joke.)

And this has become my plan of action... a secret priority of mine, if you will. To make the downstairs nice enough (add curtains, a nice comfy couch... ya know, put a little twinkle in the atmosphere) so that it will be a place you'd want to hang out. THEN I'd move this BIG HUNKER of a TV down there and any and all football, PS3, 'the Office', etc. will be watched down there and the upstairs will become a sanctuary of domesticality, peace, and harmony. In other words, I will usurp it as my own. The only activities allowed will be culinary arts, reading, humming, intelligent conversation, and harmonious peace and love. It will be the 'Ladies retreat' and downstairs can be 'The ManCave'.

Pssssst! BTW, I just read 'Kissing Cousins'. An e-book by Marcia Lynn McClure and I was absolutely TICKLED PINK the entire time. It's a short 127 page romance... clean... and perfect. Only available online for $8.95 here.

4 comments:

Rindy said...

I put my TV in my basement and it was the best thing ever because now we hardly ever watch it, just when we want to watch a good flick or the news. I love it and seriously recommend it.

Branden said...

I want to go to the "man-cave" and watch some football with Bry and your boys.

Alisa Ottesen said...

We don't have any TVs upstairs. It is wonderful. The laundry room is also down there, so I will sit and watch a good old movie and while folding clothes. There's also a fireplace... a must have for those chilly basements.

Alyssa said...

Good move. I second that motion. And I highly voice my praise for the Kissing Cousins...Swaggart is my fantasy man when I'm not dreaming of Edward or any of the other McClure men. :)