Friday, November 21, 2008

The Twilight Movie

If I was to pick one word to describe how I felt about the movie last night it would be an expletive that starts with the letter D.

I thought it was PERFECT!

LOVED IT!!!

...but... I think if you haven't read the books or somehow don't 'get the vision' of them you might be confused, maybe even a little bored.

They nailed the characters... Charlie, Billy, Alice, Carlyle, Jasper, Esme, Emmet was perfect, ... Bella... surprisingly nailed it, and Edward was TDF.

Edward was TDF.

Who does that? Movies never do that. They usually massacre and utterly disappoint their 'die hard' fans. But, obviously, 'we' were their target audience. And I assure you... if they had massacred it, I would passionately voice my disappointment. Will they make enough money for New Moon? Don't know. Please do... but DON'T stop there. Eclipse is one of my favorite for reasons that start with E.

The special effects were NOT GREAT... cheesy. Give 'em some money and a blue screen and I'm sure they'll remedy it. Oh, and I was a little 'eeeeeed' when Edward sucked Bella's venom.

LOVED IT!!!

8 comments:

lynsey said...

ooooh. i'm going tonight and can't wait! too bad to hear the special effects aren't great but i'd rather have lame SE and have the characters nailed. so excited!

Jacqueline said...

Hi!

I need your email address. I have an evite to send you!

Jacqueline

Serina said...

loved it with all the love I have to give.

Rindy said...

I'm glad to hear you liked Edward. I haven't been particularly impressed with the choice, but it gives me hope for when I eventually see the movie.

Keri said...

I have to say, my Edward didn't have chest hair coming out of his shirt. Half of the time I thought he was great the other half I was a little so,so. And I'm sorry, but what was up with Jasper?

Missy said...

LOVED Edward! Weirdly, don't know why, but LOVED Jasper! LOVED Emmett! LOVED Jacob (even though he wasn't in the film much - what a cutie!)! LOVED Jessica! LOVED Everyone! Person I least loved was Bella, but she did pretty good. It was exactly what I wanted....

Alyssa said...

Amen and Amen.

AW said...

I thought it super stunk...I'm not with you on this one. Edward was horrible and the entire film felt low budget and poorly acted. Sad day.
xoxo,
Amber W