Friday, September 21, 2007

Ferber Method

I feed my little Brybry a bottle to go to sleep for naps and nighttime. Well, he started getting up at night so I would have to feed him to go back to sleep. This didn't bother me since he only got up once at about 1:30am. But lately he's been getting up more than once and so finally about 3 nights ago at 12:30am he woke up, I tried to let him cry through it and go back to sleep (ferber method - kindof) but I couldn't handle it so then I tried to feed him a bottle and he didn't want it. Hm! Now what do I do. Well, so I just put him back in his crib and let him cry. He may have had gas or something but I didn't know. Poor guy. He cried for about 45 minutes. The great thing is, ever since then he's been going to sleep and staying asleep like a champ. It's amazing. I used to have to go back in and 'console' him 3 times everytime I put him down and now he just goes right to sleep. It is just absolutely awsome. I think it just goes to show how incredibly fast they learn.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Amen to letting them cry it out! I know it's tough to do, but they really do learn so quickly and a few nights of crying is a great exchange for months of good sleeping! I put my babies on the Babywise schedule (similar to Ferber) and I swear by it, especially with twins. Plus, I think babies that start out knowing how to sleep well grow up to just be better behaved in general.