Are you ready? I am so excited for these I could explode...
So.... One king size Pier One headboard...
In my first attempt... I got a little carried away with the electric sander (who wouldn't?)....
So, I decided just to go jet black...
They turned out so fantastic. I am officially addicted to the DI.Second hand bench found on Craigslist...
(couldn't get them to give me the bench for $20 - COME ON PEOPLE!)
(pillows not included - they're from TJ Maxx. Had to.)

The 'before' picture of what I call 'the chair'.
Currently a work in progress... obviously.$15 at the DI.
The fabric -$4.97/yard at Walmart. Nice!
Guess we'll see how many yards it takes to re-upholster.
Guess what color I'm doing it.....?
Yep, Black. Can't seem to deviate. I have a problem.
SOOOOOO comfortable.
Seriously, soooo comfortable.
One of the best things about this whole process is when Bryan saw me diligently cutting and pinning and asked ,"Do you even know what you're doing?"
And I, of course, respond...
"That is not the point, my love, for I am doing my best and enjoying myself immensely".
Is not that the purpose of life?
In the market for.... book case for the kids, another headboard and nightstands, bunk bed for the kids.... or two cute twin headboards.
A daily trip to the DI outta win me these prizes eventually.
On another note... the weather is SO FABULOUS here (70's).... this is how we spend our evenings....
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Oh, and here's my favorite DI purchase of the day... little outside plastic chairs for the kids.$1 ea.
A little steep, I know, but couldnt' resist. ( :

9 comments:
Seriously...LOVE what you've done!! I think the jet black was the way to go for your room, and I LOVE the bench. Can't wait to see 'the chair' in its 'after' phase of life. Good work. You are officially a bargain shopper.
Soooo ca-ute! You've done fabulously! Come teach me!
WOW, I'm now inspired. Great job Marie!
Great job! I especially love the bench. I am excited to see how your upholstery project turns out. I have couches in my basement that I desperately want to reupholster but I don't have the guts...
Waaaayyy fabulous! I especially love the bench because I'm really diggin' toile fabric right now.
Love the stuff! I love to redo things like that it make home feel much more like home and it is so rewarding! Very cute bench though I would love something like this
How do you get such great buys at DI? I am never that lucky-I guess I better go there more often. They look great!!
Your are so talented!
that bench is awesome. totally my style. great job!
Post a Comment