Monday, March 30, 2009

Happy Birthday, Mom

I secretly stole this chair from my mom's house last time I was up there...

And then I returned it to her like this for her birthday...

Now THAT was fun!
Happy Birthday, Mom!

6 comments:

Sadie said...

I saw it yesterday and KNEW you had something to do with it. It looks awesome!!! You need to come to my D.I. and help me find projects. You're so good at it.

Jackie said...

So, I have a question. Do you sand the old piece of furniture or do you just paint right over it?

Frost Family said...

It's official...you are wonder woman!! Come steal something from my house whenever you feel the urge!

MARIE said...

Hey Jackie, I borrowed my friend's electric sander and sand everything before I paint it. You really don't have to (I don't think so) it just makes the paint stick better... makes it A LOT easier to paint. And then I've REALLY gotten into sanding the edges when it's done so it looks 'distressed'.
With an electric sander it's really a breeze... really.

The Pyne's said...

ok marie...please help me!!!! so my question is, if we are getting help from the all-famous expert marie, how do you put the material on to refurbish it? do you pull the old material off and how do you make it stay, like do you staple the back or something? anywho more questions because I am interior design retarded. What would look good with browns and light creams. I know you are into the black (which I am to, or would like to be) but we just bought a new sleeper couch (which don't come in too many colors) and we bought it in a brown microfiber and then two cream colored chairs. I don't know what color curtains I want to buy. It just seems so bland, so I want some color added in. I was thinking like tourquoise, or orange or something to spice it up a little! Please help me.....

sincerely,
decorator destroyer

The Pyne's said...

ps, I wanted to say I LOVED the chair too!!