Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Fired
Ever tried to take a nap while you're kids are awake? The past two mornings around 9am I have not been able to keep my eyes open. This morning I even snuggled up with a blanket as if I was actually going to get some shut eye. The usual interruptions proceeded... "I need juice..., Tissue..., Push play..., Fix it..." and then... (sigh), 10 minutes of actual rest. Then I feel this little train choochooing over my head. "Mm, that feels good." And then "BAM", the train violently crashes into my forehead. I abruptly jump up and say, "Hey, no hitting." I guess I needed a wake up call (literally). I can see why he did it... Mom was sleepin' on the job. I can just imagine him saying..."Mom, you're fired." And then two seconds later... "Mom, you're hired again. Can I have some lunch?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL, ouch! I can honestly say that I have had that exact experience before.
Marie, I just LOVE you! I laughed so hard when I read your blog this morning... you are the best mom EVER!
I always seem to read you blog at the perfect moments! You are an excellent writer. I was just accidentally whacked with a flying rocket by a funloving little 2 year old. Gotta love boys!
Post a Comment