First of all let me introduce you to James' 1 year birthday cake...
The look James is giving in this picture is priceless.
I think it means, "This? This is the cake you made for my first birthday?"
It's called "throw a box cake in the oven and don't even frost it". The kids were THRILLED, though. I love that.
It takes so little to please them.
Not but 2 days later I whipped up this little beauty for my sassy friends of the "Sas N Spice I Love Edward" club.
I, personally, had SO MUCH FUN making it.
The vibrantness of the colors just makes me giddy.
Think of the possibilities now for future cakes...
Red and blue Dr. Seuss cake.
Red, white and blue 4th of July cake.
Blue and orange Gator cake.
Pink and... lighter pink cake just for myself.
The possibilities are ENDLESS.
And it was so easy.
Idea courtesy of... The Idea Room.
Thanks, Jodi, for the recommendation.
Here's a little bit of the process...




7 comments:
I can't believe he is one. WOW! Time flies. He looks so grown up.
I have to say...that is a VERY beautiful cake. The colors are just scrumptious!
yum!!!
The vibrant colors are great! Here's a like to a 4th of July cake. I thought it was such a cute idea: http://17andbaking.com/2009/07/01/a-little-taste-of-independence/
Your cake looks amazing!!! Love the rainbow Idea!
Not to make you all drool, but the cake was not only amazing to look at, but it tasted absolutely fabulous!!!! I'm already trying to figure out how I can convince my nearly 8-year old daughter that this is the cake she wants for her birthday! Thanks Marie!!!
I am SO doing this for Ian/Calvin's birthday (there only 2 weeks apart...and they both are obsessed with the Signing Time Rainbow song). Love it...May be calling you.
Post a Comment