Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tyler Florence's Chicken Parmesan

Rated as one of the Top 10 recipes in 2008 on Food Network.com.
A 5 star recipe... almost 200 reviews.

Made it. Loved it! The chicken... divine. The sauce... I don't think was that special. Maybe it's because I left out the Kalamata olives (which probably contained a lot of the flavor).

Tips for the chicken (from reviewers)...
  • Use Planko bread crumbs (for crunchierness) mixed with Italian bread crumbs (for more flavor)
  • Do not add sauce before putting in oven (will make crust soggy). Cook on a wire rack so bottom doesn't get soggy. Add cheeses the last 5 minutes.
  • Add a little garlic powder to sauce and extra basil.
  • Be sure chicken is pounded thin.
Dirties a lot of pans. Worth it. I think the chicken is the main star. When I make it again I'll probably just use marinara sauce or homemade spaghetti sauce.

recipe

On the menu tonight... Paula Dean's Crab Cakes (also a top 10). Can't wait.

No comments: