Funny Story: I made this cake for the Ward Christmas Party tonight. I'm determined to make every recipe in Paula Dean's Holiday Baking Magazine (a checkout line impulse - worth every penny). I've never made a successful 3 tier cake before (many attempts) but somehow this one looked beautiful and made it to the party. About 1 minute after I put the cake down on the table a sweet little boy came and knocked it over. There it sat, face first in the pretty little Christmas tablecloth. Yes, it was sad... for about 2 seconds... and then it was instantly hilarious. We salvaged it and then devoured it. It tasted FANTASTIC! Here's the recipe for your baking pleasure.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Chocolate Creme de Menthe Cake
Funny Story: I made this cake for the Ward Christmas Party tonight. I'm determined to make every recipe in Paula Dean's Holiday Baking Magazine (a checkout line impulse - worth every penny). I've never made a successful 3 tier cake before (many attempts) but somehow this one looked beautiful and made it to the party. About 1 minute after I put the cake down on the table a sweet little boy came and knocked it over. There it sat, face first in the pretty little Christmas tablecloth. Yes, it was sad... for about 2 seconds... and then it was instantly hilarious. We salvaged it and then devoured it. It tasted FANTASTIC! Here's the recipe for your baking pleasure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
do you have any left?! i want some
I should have been better friends with you in high school. Especially on the nights you were making stuff like this... :)
Post a Comment