Friday, November 2, 2007

Twilight Party

Shaun (Keri's husband) thought we were having a seance (sp?). I said, "Do you think we could summon Edward?" I don't think seances work for fantasy worlds, though.


Attendees (L-R): Amber Westfall (reading the latest from Stephenie Meyers fansite), Regi Daniels, Meredith Rodgers, Keri Willis, Beth, and Jerami Pack. Catherine Castillo was also there but she is in the next picture.

I didn't think our party would be complete without Edward and Bella and all the other characters so here they are on our magnet board. Edward is being played by Henri Caville (at least that's in my version).
We covered all important items of business first...
  • What was your favorite part of the book... please tell us again... and again... and again!
  • Edward VS Jacob debate. Debate? There's no debate!
  • Who's coming with us on our trip to Forks, WA?
  • Who in real life do you suspect is a civilized vampire?
  • How obsessed are you really? I mean, really? No seriously, really, how obsessed?
  • And last but not least... Will we ever be the same again?

What a fantastic party. Everyone went home with their own copy 'Twilight Playlist favs' CD, vampire fangs, Dentyne Ice gum, Dentyne Fire gum, a tea light, and dove dark chocolate. The only thing we were missing was Stephenie Meyer herself and our own personal copies of her un-edited manuscripts of 'Forever Dawn', 'Breaking Dawn', and most of all 'Midnight Sun' (sigh).

6 comments:

Jenna said...

Dang girl! I still just can't get up the gumption to read that book! Maybe when I have a little more free time. I'm too busy blogging these days...

Heidi said...

Marie - I haven't even read the books...I just want to be at your fantastic party! Everything looked so festive!! You are so talented!!

Tracy said...

Sorry to be a lurk...but I was google searching ideas for my own Twilight party and I came across your post. I LOVE the idea of the ice and fire gum. What a great idea! We are having our party next week. Just a bunch of moms we are obsessed! :) Thanks for the ideas!

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

what an interesting idea! we were invited to the Full Moon party where you dress up as a character but i was out of town. and while i do enjoy these books, i am not near creative enough to put together something like that! good work!

Natalie said...

Wow! Sounds super cute and fun!

lynsey said...

what a cool chickadee you are. sounds like a fun party! you are so fun to get so into this stuff & you seem like a great hostess. you thought of all the details!