Today I tried out the Cafe Rio Pork Salad recipe that I found online. It was FANTASTIC. You all must have your own little Cafe Rio party of your own. There is almost nothing more satisfying than succesfully replicating a restaraunt favorite.
We also had 'Tres Leches' cake to make our fiesta complete.
On a side note, I think that Cafe Rio has one of the coolest websites around.
5 comments:
The pork salad at Cafe Rio is to die for! We are so happy that one opened just up the road from us. It's so fun to check our your blog! PS. And...about Real Simple...oh man...I wait all month for that magazine to come. I bet the entertaining book is fabulous!
So I "tried" making the pork this weekend too, but had NO idea what "El Pato" was. Can you enlighten me so I can have the same wonderful Pork Salad experience that I miss so dearly? Thanks! :)
Natalie, El Pato is a jalapeno salsa. I can only find it at Albertsons. Here is a link to a picture of it... http://www.mexgrocer.com/brand-el-pato.html
I wish you much success in your Cafe Rio party.
El pato is spnanish for the pato
just kidding, it means duck
Post a Comment