Monday, October 22, 2007

Addicted

It's official. I'm addicted to cooking. I love it. I'm infatuated with it. Buying a new kitchen utensil is thrilling. I bought a meat tenderizer the other day and used it for the first time tonight. It was exciting. I tried to pound a 2 lb flank steak into 1/2-inch thick. That was hard. Can you buy it already pounded? The reason why I had to pound my heart out is because I discovered a fantastic recipe in the Racheal Ray magazine. I can't pronounce it, but it was delicious.
Mulfetta-Style Braciola.

It was seriously absolutely fantastic. A little pricey and a bit involved, but completely worth it. Try it. You'll love it.

4 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

oh how i envy your addiction. i'm completely the opposite when it comes to cooking. it hate it and wish i had a personal chef. the first millilon i acquire will be spent on just that.

Alyssa said...

I'm with Mel. I really hope Mason doesn't look at your blog and realize what he's missing out on. I go through stages and usually in the winter I get into cooking a little more. . .but not like that! WOW! I agree with you though, that cooking can get expensive. Right now that is my main excuse. . . but your blog is somewhat inspiring!

Frost Family said...

Um, do you know how much my husband would give for me to say anything remotely close to "I'm addicted to cooking"? I'm more of a just-add-water kind of girl. If you have any yummy recipes for the half-hearted cook...let me know :).

Keri said...

I have to say that Shaun thought this dinner was the best he'd ever had! Which makes me a little jealous of course, since I have been cooking for him for nearly 7 years now! I can't wait to try and make it myself!