Monday, September 7, 2009

All My Brothers

I had all my brothers here with me this last weekend (except Ed who had a baby Saturday. Congratulations!)

For those who don't know, I have 6 brothers (3 older, 3 younger). No sisters.

It's fun and all bartering and slighting each other in "The Bean Game" (WAY fun actually) but the most amazing part of this whole weekend was when all my brothers got up in Sacrament meeting and put their hands on James' head to give him a blessing.

When they got up there and put their hands on each others' shoulders in a circle around my son I was blown away! Here are my brothers... snot nosed, booger finger, sweaty outside smell, 'teased me till I'd cry' boys that have grown up to be righteous men who honor their temple covenants and who called upon the power of God to give James a blessing. They looked like "a fortress of protection" surrounding my son. It was none other than awesome.

I didn't realize how much it meant to me to have them there. As if they were saying, "We're here for you. We'll bless you, be an example for you, call upon the power of God to serve you, because we love you."

Thanks guys! And you know you want to move here. *wink wink*

In all their cheesiness...

(Joe, Ed, Dan, Ben, Brett, Mark, Dad)
haha ( :

3 comments:

Rindy said...

Holy cow! Joe is all grown up. I remember him when he was really little. Time flies.

Steph said...

Awesome. I actually missed the blessing. Steve was out of town with our older boys and I struggled (to say the least) to get out the door on time with the baby by myself. Pathetic, I know, but these newborns definitely have their own time schedule.
I did get to hear your testimony though. So great.
Steve has 7 sisters and is the only boy so I felt the same about our boys' blessings with all those brother-in-laws. It also, at times, felt a lot like I had seven extra mother-in-laws back in the early marriage days (before I won them over)!!! lol:)

Sadie said...

So neat. I'm really sad we couldn't be there. I wish it would have worked out differently so Ed and I could have gone. We heard it was a great time.