Thursday, October 23, 2008

Nervous

Today at the grocery store I began to feel it... Nervous!

I don't watch the news. I don't read the newspaper. I try to stay as isolated as possible in my tiny little Rainbow Brite fairy land (jk). But now that I've done a little research, I'm nervous. Are they gonna take away my right to buy a gun? Not that I particularly want a gun, but I sure as he__ want the right. Are diapers gonna cost twice as much in 3 months? I'll tell ya what I want to do. I want to be a little bit irrational and go buy a gun (take a safety course, of course), buy the entire food section of Walmart, buy the entire Toddler section of Target, plant a garden, double my cash stash, and go hold a picket sign out on main straight saying "Vote for Mitt Romney" (jk). No, it would say, "I don't know about the other guy, but DON'T vote for Obama". -he makes me nervous.

Of course I won't overeact. I will vote and I will pray and I will go buy a gun (jk, no gun).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guns and ammo....that's what people say on the Google Finance message boards. Well, they say buy guns and ammo and food and water.......but then they say, "It's easy to get food and water if you have guns and ammo..." ;)

But we're seriously thinking of getting a gun, because if the S hits the fan someday, and if you don't have a gun, you won't have anything (because those with guns will take it all).

I'm not nervous, however, because our system is so big and complex that it would take a lot of things to "bring it to a halt", and I won't get nervous unless all-of-a-sudden the grocery stores stop stocking their shelves. Paying twice as much for diapers...can be dealt with. Not having diapers....is a different thing entirely!

I'd support your decision to buy a gun if you decide to... :)

April said...

Let's face it...we know the world is going to you know where. We know all the horrible things that are suppose to happen before the 2nd coming. So all you can really do is be prepared and follow the prophets. Wow, I'm usually not so preachy! Anyways, we have lots and lots of guns. (What do you expect from a husband that is a cop, and a hunter!) So he's got that covered. I'm just working on the years supply of food we have been told to store. I'm almost there! Yay! I figure if we're prepared, then there's nothing to worry about.

Alyssa said...

That's why I read. To escape all that stuff. Is it healthy? No. I should be paying more attention to politics. So thanks for doing this post because it makes me think about stuff I want to avoid...but can't, and shouldn't. I'd like to get a gun, too. My dad has a huge safe of them in his house...he's right across the river. Maybe I'll stay at his place if anything happens. :)

Alana said...

Did I ever tell you that Tom bought a gun a couple months ago... It kind of freaks me out, but I think I'm gonna learn how to shoot it. Maybe we can learn together...