Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thrills

There's this stop sign by our house on a road of empty lots. I pass this stop sign at least 3 times a day and... I run it every time. Really, it's ok. If I were to turn right at the stop sign I would turn into a culdesac of... empty lots, so really, it's fine. Or maybe I'm just trying to tell myself that. Anyways, my point is... I get a little thrill every time I run it. It really does make my day a little more exciting. I'm excited just thinking about it. Weird, huh.

Speaking of thrills, what would life be without a tiny itsy bitsy plumbing problem that turns into this... (I tried to dowload the picture off my phone but have run into technical difficulties).

It started with 2 plumbers coming to check out our little "problem" (I won't go into details). Then it turned into sawing into walls and cutting into pipe. Pretty soon we've got the big boss man over here (owner of the plumbing Co.) and Mr. Ence himself (our builder) only to say they haven't seen anything like this in the 35 years they've been in business. Next I'm sitting on my couch and everytime the door opens another guy comes in that I haven't seen before. There must've been 30 different guys over here today. So I look outside and there's 9 ENCE trucks parked in front of our house and one huge concrete crane. At this point they've pulled back the carpet in the guest room, cut a 3'x2' hole in the floor, drilled through the foundation (Bryce didn't sleep through that), and are cleaning out the sludge. I think this sounds a lot worse than it really is because really in 12 hours they had the piped replaced, concrete poured, microbial solution sprayed and now we're using our sinks again. I felt like I was in Extreme Makeover Home Edition. I was EXTREMELY impressed by the way Colf's Plumbing and ENCE handled it; EXTREMELY impressed by how quickly they responded and took care of it; and EXTREMELY relieved that we don't have to pay a dime.
So we went out and bought a PS3. We totally live in a fantasy world.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Good Choice! We love our Play Station!

It seems like there is always something to fix with a house...even when it's a new house. But it is SOOOO much nicer when the people who come to fix it seem to know what they are doing. Brett and I now have a little electrical problem we're worrying about and they're sure taking their time coming to fix it!

Alana said...

You gotta love those cheap thrills! I DID get pulled over the other day for not stopping fully at a stop sign, luckily no ticket was issued! I'm glad you got your plumbing problem taken care of.